Junior Architectural Technologist
As a Junior Technician, you’ll provide professional architectural and planning services to private sector and municipal government clients. The role will be involved on various wide-ranging architecture and building projects. Using your production skills, you will work with a project team to prepare working and detail drawings for complex projects from start to finish. You will work closely with architects, technologists and other building professionals, providing architectural design services and solutions. You will report to the Architecture Project Manager and operate with a high level of autonomy. By joining the zzap team you will be part of a fun, transparent and entrepreneurial organization that focuses on results and not a clock.
Responsibilities will include:
· Working with senior technologists and project architects on projects from planning to building construction stage including concept design, presentation drawings, renderings, design development, contract documentation including tender and construction drawings
· Preparation of working drawings and detail drawings for both planning and architectural projects including drawings for development and building permit, tender, and construction documentation using various drafting technologies.
· Ensure drawing compliance with codes and bylaws, design guidelines and office standards.
· Keeping up to date on construction practices, products, codes, and technology.
· Assist in preparing standard detail and specification libraries.
· Assist in contract administration services such as preparation of site instructions and change orders.
· Conduct site visits to measure existing buildings
· Architectural Technology Diploma (or related).
· Ability to sketch and draw by hand (desirable).
· Strong visual and graphic communication skills a desirable asset.
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills with a focus on effective collaboration and integration.
· Experience with AutoCAD, Sketch-up, and/or Revit (or equivalent).
· Excellent time management skills with the ability to work under pressure on single/multiple tasks.
· Strong attention to detail.