Junior Architectural Technician
As a Junior Technician, you’ll provide professional architectural and planning services to private sector, institutional, and commercial clients. The role will include prominent responsibility on various wide-ranging architecture and building projects. Using your production skills, you will prepare working and detail drawings for complex projects from start to finish. You will work closely with architects and other building professionals, providing architectural design services and solutions. You will report to the Architecture Project Manager and operate with a high level of autonomy. By joining the zzap team you will be part of a fun, transparent and entrepreneurial organization that focuses on results and not a clock.
Responsibilities will include:
· Working with senior and intermediate technologists and project architects on projects from planning to building construction stage including concept design, presentation drawings, renderings, design development, contract documentation including tender and construction drawings using various drafting technologies.
· Ensure drawing compliance with codes and bylaws, design guidelines and office standards.
· Keeping up to date on construction practices, products, provincial and municipal codes, and technology.
· Provide internal document quality control and coordination with other external sub-consultant teams (Mechanical / Electrical & Structural Engineers).
· Assist in preparing standard detail and specification libraries.
· Assist in contract administration services such as the review of shop drawings, preparation of site instructions and change orders, site reviews and reports.
· Preparation and coordination of architecture and planning activities in support of development proposals for private and municipal clients, as well as providing support to other project team members.
· Analyze building codes, by-laws, space requirements, site requirements and other technical documents and reports
· Develop technical, creative & elegant solutions in response to design challenges
· Conduct site visits to measure existing buildings
· Research materials and methods responding to project design criteria
· Architectural Technology Diploma (or related).
· Ability to sketch and draw by hand (desirable).
· Knowledge of building science, common building systems and detailing in the local environment.
· Working knowledge of the NS Building Code and National Building Code is an asset.
· Skills in the production and co-ordination of contract documents including document checking
· Candidates must be able to work in a team environment and autonomously and on multiple projects
· Must be experienced in architecture and planning projects from initial concept development to final project deliverables.
· Strong visual and graphic communication skills a desirable asset.
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills with a focus on effective collaboration and integration.
· Experience with Revit and AutoCAD.
· Experience with additional software such as MS Office suite, Adobe, Enscape, SketchUp, Layout, Photoshop is an asset
· Organizational and time management skills
· Attention to detail
· An analytical mind with strong problem-solving ability is an asset